Friday, April 26, 2013

Home

I miss my homeland. I do mean Sweden. Although by now I've become much more familiar with Latvia and her ways, there are some things from my childhood that just cannot be replaced. The language, even though I haven't forgotten it, hasn't really gotten any decent training with the exception of a book now and then, and visits from my dear relatives. And the personality of Sweden's culture is obviously nowhere to be truly found in any other country. I will want to return before long, so I suppose I'll have to make it work by visiting to and fro. Ma wee little 'eart breaks when I'm reminded of something from the early days, and other signs have been pointing towards reclaiming that part of myself. So I guess I'll just have to reintroduce Em to Em, and see what happens.

"..och det ska vara falukorv av allra bästa slag!
Ja, den ska vara himla god och flera meter lång, 
och föras sen till Bullerbyn med munter lek och sång."

No comments:

Post a Comment