Thursday, October 29, 2015

found me box

I've spent some time smoking by my bedroom window, attentive to the wind as not to have smoke blow inside. I did this last night, staying up late, writing a rap part for a song Reinis sent me. Never ever would have thought to find myself in that position.
But hey, it's a lot of fucking fun.

What I was planning to do now was launch into a euphoric reminiscence of the trip to Warsaw. I think I'll take the opportunity to put down my amateur dabbling instead. I'll omit the singing bits, so y'all getting a pure cut of baby's first rap. To those wondering - it's mostly about my own inner growth, experiences and stuff, all vague enough. Enjoy.

can't believe myself - walking step by step into the known unknown
puny galaxies within each heartbeat I pump on my own
it's more than curiosity, I would have been most obsolete
had there been nothing in the air that ordered my to move my feet
reaching for the stars, reaching for the light,
shove 'em in my body and you better lock 'em up real tight
you better throw away the key, you got no more to do with me
but, tentative, sensitive is the option you would rather give
and I couldn't bear to mind such a fine sign, such a fine line
enabling two entities to intertwine
there's no need to lie - feeling kinda high
a giddy kind of wafting up and over, out of my mind
can't stop, too late, finally pulling my weight
and, coincidentally, confusion's feeling fucking great

why would you assume that I've stepped in the room,
immersed myself in tunes, just to see my visions go to ruins?
a sleep-encumbered, soul-connecting thing akin to resurrecting
softy seething, barely breathing method of over-achieving
idealistic, altruistic, only slightly masochistic
ambiguously platonic, don't you worry, hun, I'm on it
true to what I hold inside
cross my heart & hope to die
impossible to see through this visual snow
wouldn't you like to know whom to follow?
I'm not sure if I do, 'cause I've got my own fortitude
at least some kind of dignity when I can't face the solitude
I can be content with rising tendrils of smoke
got my little buzz and my imaginary cloak
really doesn't matter what you think I'll provoke
you see, we were there when all these creatures awoke
can never quite believe it when life opens up and means it
can never quite contain all that is outweighing the pain
yet it remains aflame.. 'kay, I'm game

I'm still having some difficulties enunciating each word in time, my regular lyrics have more breathing space. Ma used to bug me about slurring my words, and while I'm not completely incomprehensible unless feeling very timid, it's a good reason to train "lips, tongue & teeth".

(I may still edit the shit out of these rhymes, but that all depends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment