Friday, June 28, 2013

end of the rainbow

There is this thought I had about people wanting to commit suicide. See, YouTube is spotlighting a whole gay support thing, and Pixar Studios has contributed with an “It gets better" video. The gays of their community spilled their hearts out, and several of them shared their near suicidal experiences and suicidal thoughts they’d had in the past. One phrase that got me was “I would’ve missed so much." I think that that one phrase has something that fails to occur to so fucking many unhappy people out there. A decision to commit suicide happens in a certain stage of a person’s life (this stage differs for everyone, and some don’t have it, (just to avoid misunderstandings)). Logically, whatever stage of life we’re in, we still have something to learn. Any decision is made in some state of mind, and every mind changes incessantly. So no decision is absolute. One must remember that they are capable of change, and to quit now would be missing out on an unfathomable range of experiences, good and bad. And here I could end with the key phrase of the support campaign - “It gets better."

(I apologize for the punny title, but I honestly couldn’t help myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment