Monday, July 29, 2013

I had this dream as a kid, a recurring nightmare - there’s a line that I have to keep straight at all costs, but it always got jagged at one point, like the line of a heartbeat. Then someone would scream “I’m the king of the world!!", like some grand, yet terrible finale, and that’s pretty much it. The worst thing is, all throughout the dream there was this feeling of suppressed anger. Not my anger, just terrible, terrible rage, like someone’s going to go apeshit any moment now. 
I’m not sure how many times I had this dream, but I’m pretty sure it was mostly in my childhood. But here’s the twist: that feeling of suppressed anger comes over me once in a while. Sometimes it lasts around 10 minutes, sometimes more than that. Sometimes I almost think I hear voices in my head, although that might be just in the recent episodes. 
Whenever that happens, whatever anyone says to me sounds angry, like they’re only barely, barely suppressing it, same goes for music, almost any sound, really. It’s mostly unprovoked, the only thing I’ve noticed that if I’m in front of the computer when it happens, staying there makes it worse, I have to get away from the screen for it to go away.
These “episodes" have happened a bit more often lately, and I’m just wondering what it means and what I can do about it. I’d appreciate any feedback anyone has to give. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment