Thursday, May 10, 2012

bolts, strings and marionettes

Yesterday evening, I was, as usual, the only person getting off at the last bus stop, and I must have been awfully inconspicuous, because the driver, having assumed there was no one left, turned off the lights and turned back towards the city centre a bit earlier. I walked up to the front of the bus and uttered a tentative "'scuse me..". The driver, startled, looked up and then started apologizing, explaining that he had wondered where I had gone, but had come to the conclusion that I must have gotten off earlier. He stopped and let me off right there, which was actually closer to home, and gave me one of those chocolate coin things as an extra apology, I guess. It must have been laying on the side counter for at least a few days, but a nice gesture nonetheless.
***
Also - Anton, man šorīt bija sapnis, ka tu man uzdāvināji kurpes. Kaut kādas tavējās, kuras tev bija par mazu, melnas, auduma, bez šņorēm, ar skellington vienā pusē un kaut ko vēl otrajā.. īsti neatceros. Go figure.
***
Just saved a wasp. I found in on the floor, crawling around half-heartedly, looked close to giving up.
I lifted it up on one of those little round pocket mirrors I found in Elīna's room, then put it on the windowsill. It seemed to revive a bit from the warm air, and after some more bemused crawling around, it took off, flying a bit crookedly towards the neighbors.

***
Damn all you social chameleons!

No comments:

Post a Comment