Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Family.

Yes, I'm finishing that friendship bracelet for my mother. My dad has one too, now, first one for him, but this is my mother's...3rd, I think. My father's birthday was the 31st of March, and my mother's was the 2nd of April.. heh. And yes, it does make it a bit easier. Ali (my lovely misspelling sister) agreed to sing that song that that mom and dad wrote a long time ago, so we spent our last moments before midnight thinking of harmonies, memorizing the words, and as a result we managed to get both our parents quite emotional. They really deserved a present of value. I guess it was. Oh, these family moments.. when it was just the four of us, all that time ago. Mom, dad, me & Ali.. Also, on my mother's arrival with the boys, I realized that I hadn't seen her and my dear brothers for 5 weeks and then some. How horrible of me. I missed the little monsters. And Dear God, Bastet, Mother Nature or whoever's in charge out there, stop me before I fill this whole place with nostalgia, that being, yes, you've never really left my side, have you.
I'm sick for the first time in ages, with a slightly painful throat and that ache that you only get in addition to a fever. Weird, but not altogether unpleasant. At least I remember. And lookyhere, now I have a reason for being so ..well, squiggly, in my writing. (You might get it , you might not, if you don't, never mind.)
Also, we are getting a dog. For the country house. A DOG. When I was a child, this was simply out of the realm of reality. Now my two youngest siblings seem to have persuaded dear ma to get.. *drumroll* Rosamunda! An english setter, she arrives tomorrow. I think it has yet to sink in, because otherwise I'd be very excited, to say the very least. An addition to the family, oh my. The kitties won't like it, though.
And you, you know, maybe I'll call you the 12 string rain dog for now. I quite like it, I have no idea if you do, but, well, it's not going to change for a while. So there.
And on a completely different note, I guess I just have to mention here, too, the Big Remaking of my room that occurred on Friday. The fact that I must may give you an insight of how often this happens, but let me tell you, dear, that this was no ordinary tidying. The things and trinkets that got moved around were of great importance, (In the Land of Rooms), and well, every time I give the order I have a good shake, I reorganize my mind as well. I even washed the floor.
Angel, ..  ... no, I don't know what to say. I just felt the need to mention you. Oh, and yes, your Clooney joke was of great use to me, thank you for that. c(:
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. (finally finished it, 3rd attempt, not because I didn't want to finish, but because of the unfortunate timing I chose to indulge.) Meant to resemble wet tweed, I heard? Damn good movie.
Ah.. the sickness is settling in.. so now, when I read, the words are spoken unnaturally softly in my mind. *shiver* I'll try to finish everything up and go to bed. Welcome, you dream of body, you numbness of mind. Sickness. (Sorry, Tom.)

No comments:

Post a Comment