Monday, April 16, 2012

shit.

It's raining today. I got an umbrella. Venī stayed over, was pleasant to talk to someone sensible in the morning. It was cold, my feet were complaining about the high heels, (sorry, feet, the zipper's broken on the other boots), but everything was still sort of nice. Venī wanted to get her mom a cream from the Biotēka, so we found that, and everything was done much more quickly than expected, well, than I expected.. she must've thought ahead. Or not. Does she care? Or is she just letting things go as they will? Then a couple of calls. "Emmu, tev sveicieni.." A gray day. A little bout of anti-sociality, but why? I love these people, so why this reluctance to meet them?
So Venī sets off to Cēsu iela to meet the warm-hearted beings, while I head home. At the danger-zone between the tram stops the tram slows, and the driver goes - "Cienījamie pasažieri, lūdzu sagatavojiet biļetes biļešu kontrolei" or something similar. The group of giggling school girls and I have an "Oh shit" inside, and the beeper-thing is blocked, but then, the driver's voice comes again "Atvainojiet, palaida garām." I'm guessing she was amused as well. This shows that they still block the beeper-things in the trams at those moments, (I wasn't sure), and that the Control are either humane or weary at moments. Either way, I was lucky.
And now, at home, I'm starting to think - him, her, them, do I really appreciate..? So many people I consider my friends, so many people I respect and value, but do I? Dreary days, you set us thinking dreary thoughts. Made me read up on the monkeyshpere again. (By the way - seems intriguing enough to share, again.. - "So you're using monkeys to claim that we're all a bunch of Osama Bin Ladens?"  http://www.cracked.com/article_14990_what-monkeysphere.html )
Kat is walking in the rainrainrain.
"I'll be the shadow wandering though the rain."
-"Any reason why she shouldn't enjoy this dreary day?"
-"Any reason why she should, wet to the bone, penniless and cold?"
-"I love the rain."
-"I used to."
I wonder how many of us are incapable of starvation due to solitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment