Thursday, September 27, 2012

eighteen

Have you ever felt like things have happened the wrong way? Remembering certain things of the past, and being haunted by this unshakeable feeling that you should have chosen another path. It doesn't have to be a big thing, it also doesn't matter if you're happy with your life or not, just, it seems like things should have been different. "should"
The vultures struck a chord (TCV, La Corda)

This morning we got an addition to our silly family tradition of waking the birthday person with songs it three languages and the leading their groggy selves down to the kitchen for cake and gifties. That addition was the Pandit. I'm pretty sure that the Star girls have attended more than once, and the Rosies, too, but this time seemed different. Probably because it was another tiny merging of worlds. Though, more of an introduction, this one.
As many of you know, I have cover names for a lot of people I mention here. There isn't always a reason, but it's fun as hell. 
It was my sister's idea, undoubtedly, to make a literal string of candy from my room to the kitchen. Yes, string. With 18 candy bars knotted up, one after the other, down the stairs. How I'm going to finish them off, I do not know.
Amongst the stuff my family saw me open with undisguised glee on their faces (Ali, I mean you) were a pair of feather earrings, two furry clay rabbits (at this point I started thinking Easter), and an effin' video camera. I am going to have so much fun with this one.
Also, dear Lucifer wanted to get me tickets to Dylan Moran, who, it turns out, will perform in LV on the 1st of October! The lovely fucker. (you should've heard me squeal when you sent the link.) I mean, jezusmaria, here, of all places. Sadly, tickets were no longer available, but I'm still very thrilled about the idea as a whole.
'Tis a big day, today. I feel, to put it so, like a princess. Of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment