Tuesday, October 2, 2012

1st of October

Quite a lovely day. That was both the day of my first encounter of a so-called woman-doctor, to be unnecessarily frank
And, *this might be of greater interest* , of Dylan Moran.
I mentioned him before, as I mentioned that the tickets were gone by the time the awareness of them had dawned on us. Undaunted by this fact, Rob and I went to the performance anyway, if only to maaaybe catch a glimpse and watch all the lucky bastards who got their tickets in time. (Several familiar faces there.) But - there's more - after sitting in the lobby for a bit, hearing the warm-up guy, Luis, I think, and applause when Dylan walked onto the stage, we actually happened to get in, and watched most of the show anyway. Eheheh. And we were not the only ones, but were joined in this little happening by a hooded guy. Well, he did it first, giving us this look and a half-shrug upon entering, making the temptation irresistible. Dylan was brilliant, as expected, if more serious than the image I'd gathered from the net. Mature. He used that word more than once. There were several jokes we recognised, several that we didn't, + a few obligatory ones about Latvia. I also noticed that the hand holding the microphone was shaking.
Afterwards, we stood outside, most of everybody had finished their cigarettes and conversations, and were just about to sigh and go home, when I spotted him and his team? manager people? friends? coming from this little round-about way, and we came up and received a "Thank you for coming!", as they walked past, rather briskly, he seemed kind of keen to get away, but I summoned up my courage and ran up again, rummaging for my notebook. Yes, I got his autograph, I'm that pathetic. He did look into my eyes and ask for my name, so I can make some giddy-fan-girl impression about the proximity, but, well. Then he scribbled something I can only assume is something nice, or it might actually be a literal scribble, a decoy of sorts. Starts with an E, anyway.
He'll be back, too. One of the group of people around him said they'd be back on the 30th of October. Same person that picked up the card that fell out of my notebook, the one I got from the first encounter of the day, assuming it was Dylan's, but I mumbled some "excuse me.." or something, and got it back. Now, I'm trying to imagine what would've happened if I hadn't said anything. A "Here, you dropped this" , and he receives a random card from a gynecologist. Would've been fun to watch.
Rob, you beautiful bastard, thanks for this.

This is what I found when I looked for a photo from yesterday. He looks very friendly in this one. Really. Positively cuddly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment