Sunday, December 4, 2011

I wish..

When you see a movie, read a book, visit a place, enter any kind of world you haven't entered for years and years..  Aah, don't you get this desperate need to return, just for a moment, to the life you had then, no matter how shitty it was? Or is it just me? And, yes, I'm being very honest here and letting you know a sort of secret of mine, I guess. I do want to be able to return to the past, relive it for a while, or at least observe it, just to remember who I was. Because it's scary how much we all forget about ourselves. Our minds eventually get focused on everything we have to do, want to have, etc., and the person you were before just kind of fades away, especially the younger one. That child. Wonderfully oblivious, incessantly curious, and happy. At least more than you are now, am I right? So wouldn't it be wonderful to know how you would have thought of your present self, how much you would have understood? Would you be proud of yourself for getting where you are now? Or would you shake your little head and murmur something including ".. should've known.." Think about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment